Monday, May 30, 2016

First Look at Disney Cruise Line – Special Itinerary British Isles Inaugural Merchandise

The Disney Magic is about to embark on a 12-night inaugural cruise to the British Isles and you can feel the excitement building. I have been hooked on reading Disney Parks Blog author Arnaldo Zanonato's posts about the many ports of call and experiences this special itinerary cruise has to offer. Yes, I'm green with envy for those of you who will be sailing, and you know who you are—so I've decided that I'll be living vicariously through you, and I know it will be a great time.

I have more exciting news to share. Here's your first look at the Inaugural Disney Cruise Line British Isles commemorative merchandise which includes adult and youth tees, fleece, a wood magnet, ornament, pin, tumbler, British Isle Nike polo shirt and hat. Don't miss your chance to add this to your collection if you have sailed with us before. Merchandise will be available at White Caps, Deck 4, Forward, in addition to other select locations.

Disney Cruise Line British Isles Merchandise

How many of you, our Disney fans, can guess which artist helped design the artwork for the special itinerary merchandise? Some of you may recognize the art style as local southern California artist Jeff Granito's, and you would be correct! Are you ready for this? Jeff will be joining us on board the Disney Magic for the 12-night cruise, where he will take part in special artist appearances and signings of commemorative inaugural merchandise and artwork, including pieces inspired by various ports of call titled Bienvenue en France, British Isles Magic, His Royal Mouse Mickey and Her Royal Mouse Minnie. Jeff will also partake in live painting demonstrations. What will he be painting? I'd like to think I'm "brave" enough to tell you, but I better not ruin the surprise. However, here's a sneak peek at one of the new art pieces that will debut.

Disney Cruise Line British Isles Merchandise

I had the chance to chat with Jeff this week, who shared with me his excitement over being part of this special inaugural voyage, and having the opportunity to create such memorable pieces. "I'm honored and excited to be part of such a special voyage," said Jeff. "Combining several of my passions that have significant meaning for me, European History and Art, I was inspired to create these pieces specifically for this sailing. It was a joy to incorporate the cultures that gave Walt so much inspiration into my own work. Bringing the pageantry of European royal portraiture, the boldness of early twentieth century posters, the rich British maritime history and the chance to travel aboard the beautiful Disney Magic while sharing my work with other Disney enthusiasts is all a dream come true."

Before I go, here's a quick reminder to those sailing with us that region-specific merchandise will also be available and we will even offer seminars and trunk shows on select days. If you don't want to miss a beat refer to your Personal Navigator for the details.

Are you excited about the British Isles itinerary?



No comments:

Post a Comment