Monday, May 30, 2016

A World Showcase of Unforgettable Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion

This month, I visited Japan Pavilion for my series about shopping in World Showcase at Epcot. I first visited the country of Japan (specifically Tokyo Disney Resort) in 2002. It was incredible, and I've been dreaming of returning to Japan since that first visit. It's no surprise then that I visit Japan Pavilion during every visit to Epcot.

Unforgettable Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion

A five-story pagoda surrounded by lush gardens and a koi pond stands near the entrance. In the distance, guests see the towers of a stylized castle that looks similar to Himeji Castle in Japan. The Mitsukoshi Department Store is located on the first floor of a building found on the west side of the pavilion. This two-story building is reminiscent of an Imperial ceremonial hall in Japan. The second floor is home to one of my favorite restaurants in Epcot, Teppan Edo, where Teppan chefs cook traditional Japanese dishes right at your table.

Unforgettable Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion

I was fortunate to visit the store before the shop was open. I love the impressive interior space with red ceilings and exposed wood beams. The shop extends the entire length of the pavilion and wraps around to the Bijutsu-kan Gallery which currently houses an adorable exhibit about cute culture in Japan.

This shop is my go-to store for all things Japanese (it's the closest I can get to Japan in Florida). They have an eclectic mix of pop culture items, home décor, kitchenware and accessories. The shop also contains fine pearl jewelry, books, decorative clocks and much more.

Some of the most popular items are candies and treats that are found toward the back of the shop. I love that they carry Mochi, a sweet Japanese rice cake. The consumables area also houses a Sake Bar where you can sample a variety of Sake from Japan.

Unforgettable Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion

In the shop, guests will find authentic kimonos and other apparel items including shirts, shoes and socks. They also offer gorgeous accessories like handbags and scarves.

I always find something new when I visit as the assortment changes regularly. I could have several stories about my favorite items from Japan Pavilion. Here are a few additional images of things that caught my eye:

Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion
Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion
Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion
Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion
Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion Shopping at Epcot – Japan Pavilion

Do you have a favorite item at this pavilion? Tell us in the comments section below!



No comments:

Post a Comment