Friday, September 29, 2017

Sketches from the Park: Imagination Pavilion at Epcot

Each month I will be sketching from the field or Plein Air, as it's called in the art world, from a new, inspiring location in our Disney Parks and then sharing my sketches and experiences here on the blog each time. Today, I continue my "Sketches from the Park" series as I started off this early morning doing a watercolor sketch while sitting in Future World at Epcot.

Since Epcot's 35th is almost here, I wanted to head out to one of my favorite areas of Future World. I sat down across from the Imagination pavilion and the magical reverse waterfall streaming up at its' base. I love the view from this angle — the iconic glass pyramids and the monorail track cutting through, like a futuristic world where anything is possible. As a kid, I also loved riding the original Journey into Imagination, it was filled with so many references to Art that I always wanted to draw after visiting. As I sat and started to sketch, a lot of these great memories of visiting with my family as a kid went through my head. I also thought about how much my boys enjoy visiting today and how they get inspired (and about them singing the Imagination song over and over). Happy 35th Epcot, keep inspiring all those kids' imaginations out there!

I hope you enjoy the art and keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for my next sketch from a new location next time in our "Sketches from the Park" series. And be sure to check out my last sketch I did of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios. See ya in Future World!



No comments:

Post a Comment