Friday, June 2, 2017

Plein Air Field Sketch from Pandora

Each month I've be sketching from the field or plein air, as it's called in the art world, from a new, inspiring location and then sharing my sketches and experiences here on the blog each time. Today, I continue my sketching series as I started off on this early morning with a watercolor sketch from the Valley of Mo'ara on Pandora – The World of Avatar.

Pandora is truly an amazing place to be inspired. I was overwhelmed by nature all around me on every path. I had a hard time stopping my explorations to break out my sketchbook and travel watercolor kit from my bag. There were endless numbers of strange and beautiful plants that caught my attention, but I was instantly focused on the giant floating mountains in the area and decided they would be my subject for this sketching session. As the light started to hit the giant mountains I started to notice sounds of fauna in the distance that seemed strange but yet somehow familiar at the same time. It was very peaceful that morning being surrounded by Pandora as I started to sketch. I could have stayed there all day sketching. I can't wait to go back and do some more!

Sketch from Pandora

Here is a quick study I did in my smaller sketchbook, of the mountains from the other side of the Valley.

I hope you enjoy the art and keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for my next sketch from a new location next time in our "Sketches from the Park" series. And be sure to check out last month's sketch I did from Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park. See ya next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment