Friday, February 3, 2017

Debuting Our New Artist Series: Sketches from the Park

I am excited to share the kick-off a new monthly series with you all today on the Disney Parks Blog called "Sketches from the Park." As a Disney cast member, my main role is creative advertising, but I am also a Disney artist with original work showcased in the Art of Disney galleries. As such, I love to constantly be learning new things with art. Recently, I have been going into the parks to do quick sketches on location. So, each month I will be sketching from the field, or Plein Air as it's called in the art world, from a new inspiring location in our Disney Parks and then sharing my sketches and experiences here on the blog.

Today, I enjoyed an early morning session at Disney's Animal Kingdom where I sketched Hotel Burudika. There was a fantastic light as the sun started to rise above Everest in the distance, and I sat here, near Africa's Mombasa Marketplace. I sketched this piece using pen and ink, and a little watercolor. It was such a peaceful morning as I started to hear the birds and animals in the distance — it was like the park was coming to life around me just as I started to add some color to my sketch. What a great way to start the day and get inspired!

I hope you enjoy the art and keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for my next sketch from a new location next time in our "Sketches from the Park" series.



No comments:

Post a Comment